When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted. Eleanor Roosevelt
To stand alone is admirable. Being the advocate, taking a stand, and holding one’s ground is a good thing. I just wish that someone would take a stand for me and allow me to rest. It is amazing how many people have simply walked out of my life and never looked back. Maybe I offended them is some way. If so, that was not my intent. Taking a stand comes with risk such as being misunderstood. I suppose, taking a stand, also has a tendency to alienate and intimidate. In retrospect, if taking a stand has caused people to walk away I accept their decision. Moreover, I respect their decision. I am learning much about myself as I approach my 60th birthday. I am truly excited to embark on this second phase of my life. I am hopeful that God will send me a strong-minded as well as strong-willed companion. I would love to have someone rescue me for a change. I typically find myself extending the olive branch when there has been a misunderstanding of some sort. I am usually the peace maker and the mediator. Life is about taking risks. Taking a stand for whatever reason is also a risk. My mother used to say, “I you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything”. Well, mama, I am still standing!
- To Stand Alone (cindyholman.wordpress.com)
- One of My Favourite Quotes About Life and Why It is My Favourite – Quote Number Five – Eleanor Roosevelt! (socyberty.com)
- A Woman’s Woman: She felt the fear and did it anyway (sylviadickeysmithbooks.wordpress.com)
- Capturing the Lives of Others: New Biographies for the Kindle (29 Nov 2010) (kindlereader.blogspot.com)
- “To the world, I promise…”: Reflections on 2010 (shanshantastic.wordpress.com)